It’s an exciting day for Creative Cloud members! Two significant updates have just been released!
- Real-time image asset generation gives Photoshop CC users the power to eliminate time-consuming production steps while ensuring their designs are properly implemented both on the desktop and mobile screens
- Tagged layers and groups in Photoshop CC are automatically saved and updated in real-time as individual files, in the format selected
- Layers can now be exported as JPEG, GIF, or PNG with a variety of options, including scaling for Retina displays and varying levels of compression
- In one click, Edge Reflow CC can import Photoshop CC assets, including images and text directly into Edge Reflow, allowing designers to immediately begin their responsive design process and reduce manual production steps
You can learn more about this version of Adobe Photoshop CC in the video below:
Generator enables new workflows by simplifying the process of exporting content from Photoshop. This could just be for image extraction, could be used to simplify design processes, or even integrate with a larger workflow. Some example uses are these iOS icon and PhoneGap Build icon generators for mobile applications, by Paul Burnett. You can see these in action in this video from Raymond Camden.
How else might this affect your workflow? Well, check out the new Photoshop to Adobe Edge Reflow workflow powered by Generator in the video below. With Generator, Edge Reflow can now seamlessly connect to Photoshop and extract assets for inclusion in Edge Reflow designs.
Read more more about the Edge Reflow and Photoshop CC live integration on html.adobe.com.
Seriously, though… this is just the proverbial “tip of the iceberg.” Check out the next video to see how the Loom game engine can leverage Adobe Photoshop CC and Generator for live authoring of content inside of a game running on separate mobile devices in real time.
Ready for more? Read the blog post/announcement on photoshop.com, and check out the Adobe documentation on Generator to get started today!
New updates were also released for Adobe’s video editing tools, including Adobe After Effects CC, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, and Adobe SpeedGrade CC, including:
- A new Direct Link Color Pipeline between Adobe Premiere Pro CC and SpeedGrade CC provides an integrated workflow that allows users to move multi-track timelines seamlessly back and forth; open Adobe Premiere Pro CC sequences in SpeedGrade quickly; and see the results as effects in Adobe Premiere Pro CC that are managed by the Lumetri Deep Color Engine.
- Expanded native support for UltraHD, 4K and higher resolutions, high frame rates and RAW formats, enables editors to work with footage from the hottest new high-res cameras natively – without having to wait to transcode and re-wrap files.
- The Mask Tracker in After Effects enables video professionals to create masks and apply effects that track automatically frame-by-frame throughout a composition to save countless hours of tedious work.
- Editing is streamlined in Premiere Pro CC, with improved multicam, enhanced closed captioning capabilities, new monitor overlays and audio monitoring features, enabling editors to work faster.
- Performance enhancements punctuate this release with support in Premiere Pro CC for OpenCL, providing editors with the speed and power they need for the most demanding projects; and new GPU debayering of the Cinema DNG file format for real time playback.
- A preview of the upcoming Prelude CC Live Logger iPad app, which enables users to log notes, events, and other data on their iPad while shooting, including the ability to sync with timecode on set via supported wireless timecode generators, and then sync metadata to footage via Creative Cloud for faster editing.
- Advanced color grading with the new SpeedLooks in SpeedGrade CC offers dedicated camera patches. This allows users to match the color spaces even across different camera formats. New multiple masks and linked mask layers capabilities also enable SpeedGrade users more control over complex looks.
- New Sync Settings in Adobe Media Encoder CC let users now sync application preferences between multiple computers via Creative Cloud.
- New production planning features in Adobe Story Plus provide powerful scheduling and reporting tools for managing productions efficiently, making it easy to modify and share lists between productions and users.
Read more about the new updates for video editing tools in the release notes below:
If you’re wondering how to get these new features and get started, just go to creative.adobe.com, become a Creative Cloud member, and download Photoshop CC today!