I recently attended the IBM InterConnect conference, and it was great to be there presenting IBM MobileFirst and engaging with our clients and partners. While there, I also took part in the “Ignite” presentation series. If you aren’t familar with Ignite, each presenter has 20 slides, with the slides auto-advancing every 15 seconds. That gives you 5 minutes to make your point, and in the session you get to see 5 or 6 presentations on different topics within an hour. I really liked this format, so I re-recorded it to share here…
Here are all my sources for the charts/data. I chose to use publicly accessible data for everything. If you haven’t been paying attention to mobile usage numbers and adoption, its quite staggering, and definitely worth paying attention to.
- Computer & Internet access in the home
- Internet use per 100 inhabitants globally
- Computers, Smartphones & Tablet Sales 1975-2011
- Share of personal computing platforms 1975-2011
- US Smartphone Penetration
- US time spent accessing Internet by Device
- Twitter stats
- Facebook stats
- PC Sales Forecast
- Microsoft Share & Smartphone Dwarfing PC
And if you need to get your enterprise on mobile, you should look at IBM MobileFirst.